This week on The Bugcast: a news-heavy episode – including: UK politics, poverty shame, technology, sadness, and Trek! – plus 8 tracks of amazing Creative Commons music!
- BLC Mirror CLB – Punk Scum Singalong – from Nice, France – source
- Heifervescent – What Have I Done Now – from Southport, UK – source
- Summer Ash – Milkman – from Luxembourg – source
- Starmob – Mooncaves – from Long Beach, CA – source
- Niki J Crawford – Mama Cried – from Springfield, LA – source
- Frank Rawel – Simple Life – from Michendorf, Germany – source
- Pokki DJ – No Prayers – from Santo Stefano al Mare, Italy – source
- Dr Groove Gang – Sweet Soul Musik – from Le Mans-Anger, France – source
BBC News: Wiggles singer Greg Page has cardiac arrest at bushfire relief show
BBC News: Brexit: Big Ben fundraiser given £50,000
The Guardian: Fighting Shame: Poverty (24 mins long, but worth it)
BBC News: Apple may have to abandon Lightning connector cable
Sky News: Derek Fowlds: Yes Minister and Heartbeat actor dies aged 82
Star Trek:Picard starts on 23 January in North America on CBS All Access, and on 24 January in the rest of the world on Prime Video
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot! – Caroline will be joining Dave and Yannick to review the first episode of Picard
Submit your favourite tracks we’ve played since episode 553 for the Listener’s Choice episode 600 at the beginning of February 2020.
- Please leave us feedback on the music or any of the topics that we’ve discussed.
- The next live show will be episode 598, which will be streamed live in the chatroom on Friday 24 January 2020 at 21:30-ish UK time (GMT/UTC).
- Join us during the week on our Telegram group chat – click here to join
(you’ll need a Telegram account)
Special thanks go to
The artists for allowing us to play their music.
Everyone who joined us in the chat room for the live broadcast of this show.
Internet Archive for hosting the media files
Euterpia Radio for the use of their Shoutcast server
The Bugcast is a proud founder member of the Otherside Podcast Network